Graphical System for Presentation.

GRASP was a somewhat popular animation program (from Paul Mace Software) for PCs. It had the nice side of working in low-end PCs.

GRASP was based on the concept of animating cut-outs. The cut-outs were saved into graphics files, and the actual "script" was described as a text file (can you imagine a scripting language used for actual scripts? =). GRASP tools read the text file and executed the script.

In the end of the animation making process, the files were "compiled" into "GRASP libraries" (*.gl) that could be played anywhere with the GRASP player. The file format has been described and there still are programs to play GRASP animations.

It remained nice until Autodesk Animator came and hard disks got bigger...

Grasp (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Grasper (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Qraspine.] [OE. graspen; prob. akin to LG. grupsen, or to E. grope. Cf. Grab, Grope.]

1.

To seize and hold by clasping or embracing with the fingers or arms; to catch to take possession of.

Thy hand is made to grasp a palmer's staff. Shak.

2.

To lay hold of with the mind; to become thoroughly acquainted or conversant with; to comprehend.

 

© Webster 1913.


Grasp, v. i.

To effect a grasp; to make the motion of grasping; to clutch; to struggle; to strive.

As one that grasped And tugged for life and was by strength subdued. Shak.

To grasp at, to catch at; to try to seize; as, Alexander grasped at universal empire,

 

© Webster 1913.


Grasp, n.

1.

A gripe or seizure of the hand; a seizure by embrace, or infolding in the arms.

"The grasps of love."

Shak.

2.

Reach of the arms; hence, the power of seizing and holding; as, it was beyond his grasp.

3.

Forcible possession; hold.

The whole space that's in the tyrant's grasp. Shak.

4.

Wide-reaching power of intellect to comprehend subjects and hold them under survey.

The foremost minds of the next . . . era were not, in power of grasp, equal to their predecessors. Z. Taylor.

5.

The handle of a sword or of an oar.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.