can be used for good
and not evil
is todays bread machines
. In addition to producing the standard white bread loaf
, these machines can produce bread as nutty
or whole grain
ed as you want.
Other excellent uses for a bread maker:
- Most have a dough setting for pizza dough, or cinnamon buns.
- Most have a timer option, similar to a coffee machine's timer - can be set to produce fresh bread first thing in the morn.
- If there is a God, and I get to meet him sometime, He gets a high five for the smell of bread baking. A bread maker lets you make this smell at home, instead of the smells you usually make!
- Get the largest size available. Most machines make 1 - 2 pound loaves. Bread keeps well if you make the whole grain or white bread variety.
- Buy a good one. These don't really have any user serviceable parts, and are more expensive to fix than to buy a new one. To aid in chosing, a consumer review magazine may be worthwhile.