ADD is a quality designation for audio recordings. It means Analog original recording, Digital transfer method and Digital final master.

ADD is better than AAD, but worse than DDD. It's most common with material from the 80's that was recorded on analog tape and then transferred to digital tape for processing.

ADD is a basic assembly language program operation. It takes three inputs. The registers of the two values to be added and the register where the new value is to be placed.

The general format is thus:

ADD $t1, $t2, $t3

Where $t1 is the register to place the result in and $t2 and $t3 are the registers containing the original values (the $ symbol denotes a register, t1-3 are the designations for it. There are also v, s, r, and a registers but they serve different functions).

See also: ADDI (add immediate)

----------

Yeah yeah, it's MIPS architecture. I'm sorry I left it out before the XP PACK RAPE.

Add (#), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Added; p. pr. & vb. n. Adding.] [L. addere; ad + dare to give, put. Cf. Date, Do.]

1.

To give by way of increased possession (to any one); to bestow (on).

The Lord shall add to me another son. Gen. xxx. 24.

2.

To join or unite, as one thing to another, or as several particulars, so as to increase the number, augment the quantity, enlarge the magnitude, or so as to form into one aggregate. Hence: To sum up; to put together mentally; as, to add numbers; to add up a column.

Back to thy punishment, False fugitive, and to thy speed add wings. Milton.

As easily as he can add together the ideas of two days or two years. Locke.

3.

To append, as a statement; to say further.

He added that he would willingly consent to the entire abolition of the tax. Macaulay.

Syn. -- To Add, Join, Annex, Unite, Coalesce. We add by bringing things together so as to form a whole. We join by putting one thing to another in close or continuos connection. We annex by attaching some adjunct to a larger body. We unite by bringing things together so that their parts adhere or intermingle. Things coalesce by coming together or mingling so as to form one organization. To add quantities; to join houses; to annex territory; to unite kingdoms; to make parties coalesce.

 

© Webster 1913.


Add (#), v. i.

1.

To make an addition. To add to, to augment; to increase; as, it adds to our anxiety.

"I will add to your yoke."

1 Kings xii. 14.

2.

To perform the arithmetical operation of addition; as, he adds rapidly.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.