Here's a metanodeish list of substances that could be called weird drugs. Feel free to /msg me with suggestions on what to add, updates on legal status or errors. (The terms research chemical and designer drug cover the weird synthetic drugs, except DXM, which is a pharmaceutical substance.)
substance name, chemical name, type, year first synthesized (if known), legal status. (Unscheduled substances are legal unless covered by an analogue law; scheduled ones are illegal to manufacture, sell, purchase, possess or use without proper authorization. All scheduled substances listed are in the strictest possible schedule, meaning you don't want to get caught with them. Ever.)
- 2C-T-2, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylthiophenethylamine, psychedelic phenethylamine, 1981, unscheduled.
- 2C-T-7, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(n)-propylthiophenethylamine, psychedelic phenethylamine, 1986, recently scheduled in the USA; regulated in Sweden. AKA T7, Blue Mystic.
- 5-MeO-AMT, 5-methoxy-alpha-methyltryptamine, psychedelic tryptamine, unscheduled. AKA Alpha-O due to its alternate chemical name, alpha,O-dimethylserotonin.
- 5-MeO-DIPT, 5-methoxy-diisopropyltryptamine, psychedelic tryptamine, 1980, unscheduled. AKA Foxy Methoxy.
- AMT, alpha-methyltryptamine, psychedelic tryptamine, unscheduled (except in Illinois and Germany). AKA IT-290 (Sandoz's name), Indopan (1960's Soviet antidepressant).
- BZP, benzylpiperazine, stimulant, recently scheduled in the USA.
- DPT, dipropyltryptamine, psychedelic tryptamine, unscheduled.
- DXM, dextromethorphan, dissociative, legal and widely available.
- Salvia divinorum, salvinorin A, uniquely psychoactive, mostly unscheduled; recently scheduled in Australia and considered a prescription drug in Finland and Norway (of course, no prescriptions are available).
- TFMPP, 3-trifluoromethylphenylpiperazine, stimulant, recently scheduled in the USA. AKA Matrix.
- TMA-2, 2,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine, psychedelic phenethylamine, unscheduled
Of course, any psychedelic substance is actually a weird drug, but everyone knows about LSD and such.
Also, please don't think that I'm advocating these drugs or recommending their use to anyone. No, I never would. I think you should rather be dropping acid.