the virgin



   _
  ' `:--.--.
     |  |  |_
     |  |  | )
     |  |  |/
     |  |  /
         _/|
            \

quality: mutable
element: earth
ruled by: mercury
Born between August 24 and September 22.

Element- Earth

Ruler- Mercury

Symbol- the Virgin

Mode- Sensation and Thought

Stones- Amethyst, Carnelian, and Pyrite

Significant Body Area- Abdomen

Plants- Wintergreen, sage, and privet

Colors- Silver, indigo, and dark violet

Virgo
(August 24th to September 22nd)
The Virgin
Colours: Light Bblue and Pure White, and pastel colours in neat patterns. White is the colour of Mercury, ruler of Virgo.
Stones: Pink Jasper, hyacinth and topaz.
Metal: Platinum
Trees: Cherry, cotoneaster and Birch.
Flowers: Lavender, alpinesrock plants and autumn bulbs.
Countries: Brazil, Turkey and Switzerland.
Cities: Los Angles, Paris and Jerusalem.

A Virgo is a stubborn perfectionist, best suited to middle management. They like order in the place of chaos and are horribly perfectionist. Some of them rise above such retentiveness to become famous, though how much less picky, we don't know. A Virgo will expect a lot from themselves, and from other people. They care a lot, and they treasure human relationships and happiness above fiscal gain. They don't take advice graciously.

Some Virgos are quite sexy, like James Duvall, most recently seen in Donnie Darko. Moby is a Virgo. Virgos are compatible with Capricorns, definitely, and Tauruses, though the latter does tend to be annoyingly closeminded. Sometimes, they can match up with a scorpio or a cancer.

A Virgo should never go out with an Aquarius, no matter how hot he (or she) is. Also, steer clear of Libras or Geminis. Forewarned is forearmed.

Vir"go (?), n. [L. virgo a virgin, the constellation Virgo in the zodiac. See Virgin.] Astron. (a)

A sign of the zodiac which the sun enters about the 21st of August, marked thus [ (b)

A constellation of the zodiac, now occupying chiefly the sign Libra, and containing the bright star Spica.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.