Back to the Dim Sum metanode
Widely served dim sum dish. Not exactly a cake, like a pasty, but very good nonetheless.
- Wash dried small shelled shrimps clean, soak them thoroughly and chop finely. Wash bacon and sausages. Clean and cut them into pellets.
- Heating the pot and pour oil in. Fry until cooked and place them in a container for use.
- Skin the turnips, wash them clean, shred them, dump them into the pot heated until red, add oil and water to boil together, turning them over when boiling, until the turnips completely change colour. Add seasonings to mix well and place them with the juice in a plate.
- Sieve rice flour into the mixture in the plate, stir them well quickly with the shovel at times, pour the mixture into the cake pan applied with oil and steam it above boiling water over high heat for 1 hour. If no flour sticks to a chopstick inserted, they are ready.
- Serve it up. Preferably later in the dim sum meal, since it is a pastry of sorts. My own personal opinion.