This dish is traditional to our family since about four years when I brought it home from cooking-class. Although the curry and bean sprouts are asian ingredients, this meal is fusioning them with Austrian cuisine. It gives an excellent main course and looks quite neat as a special-occasion meal.
- Before you even start with the meat, you prepare a pot, put in about two cups of water, salt and spices and wait till it boils.
- Add the cup of rice and let it cook for a while, then put the almonds in, turn the heat down and put the lid on
- After about 10 minutes the rice should be done.
- Cut up the meat in small slices or cubes and fry them in a pan with some neutral-tasting oil.
- While the meat fries, cut up the onions and fry the too.
- When both are about done, add curry and water.
- Add a little salt, pepper and chicken stock, then put the bean sprouts in. Make sure no extra fluid from the sprouts comes into the pan
- While the sprouts vapor, add spices 'till the meal suits your taste.
- You then turn the heat down and the sweet cream to make the sauce creamy. It then is ready to be served.