Tim Roth was born on May 14, 1961 in London, England. His full name is Timothy Simon Roth. His family name was originally Smith, until his father changed it to Roth for some reason after World War II. His father, Ernie, was a journalist and his mother, Anne, a landscape painter. He has one older sister. When he was 15 he spent a night in jail for 'threatening behaviour'. Following in his mother's footsteps he attended the Dick Sheppard Comprehensive, but after one year dropped his sculpting aspirations in favor of acting and went to Camberwell School of Art. On his right arm he has tattoos that signify important events that have happened in his life. At the present time he has 5 tattoos, 3 are for the birth of his sons, and one for his wife Nikki. Tim Roth has been married to Nikki Butler, a fashion designer, since January 1993 to the present. They were married in Belize and they have 2 sons, Timothy in 1995, and Cormac in 1996 together. He also had a son, Jack, with Lori Baker in 1983.

Being a huge star in England with chameleon like abilities, he has already starred in many roles including Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead in 1990 opposite Gary Oldman to which the two are still good friends, and are known to write messages to each other on their bodyparts, noticeably their foreheads. Meantime by Mike Leigh and Made in Britain by David Leland. Roth's performance as the young hood Myron in The Hit in 1984 won him the "Standard" newspaper's award for Best Newcomer. He came to international fame when he starred as Mr. Orange in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs and a small part in Pulp Fiction. He has remained as one of the director's favorite actors. He recieved an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his convincing role as the villian in Rob Roy in 1995, opposite Liam Neeson and Jessica Lange. This performance was stunning and trust me, if you see this film, you will hate him no matter how much you like him. He recently turned down a role in Harry Potter Goblet of Fire to star in the remake of Planet of the Apes.

Mostly known for his career as an actor, Tim Roth recently began working behind the cameras as a director with the critically acclaimed "The War Zone", a British film released in 1999. (noded formerly by Keray)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.