The University Special

This delightful treat will fill you and your significant other plumply full of food, usually for less than 3 dollars. Originating in the midwest, this wonderful combination of broth and starch products in conjunction with an array of dairy ingredients will surely impress your stomach and your mate.

Any variety of bread can be used but my tastes have always been partial to sourdough. American cheese is common, but if you are feeling experimental swiss and jack will also do well. Chicken or Beef flavored ramen is usually used, although Oriental flavoring has been used successfully. The cilantro, basil and olive oil can be left out for the variation on this recipe, "The University". Serves two.

Ingredients:

1/4 stick of butter (less will do)
4 slices of bread
5 slices of cheese
1 package of flavored ramen noodles
2 pinches of cilantro
2 pinches of basil
4 dried medium-sized japenese hot peppers
2 cups of water
A small amount of olive oil.

Directions:

Butter the outsides of the pieces of bread. Place 2 slices of cheese inside each sandwich, using the remaining slice to break up and cover the bare spots. Set aside. Crush the hot peppers and combine with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil. Seeds may be used to raise the spice index of the dish. Lightly crush the noodles from the Ramen package to break them up a bit, then add to water at a full boil. Boil noodle and pepper combination for 3 minutes. During the second minute of boiling add two pinches of basil. At this point, add a quarter sized drop of olive oil to a frying pan and heat until it sizzles. Place sandwiches in the pan and cook until desired texture has formed on the outside of the bread, then flip and repeat. Remove from pan and place on serving dishes. When boiling is complete, remove pot from stove and let cool for 2 minutes. Stir in Ramen flavoring as the soup cools. Pour equal amounts into each bowl. Sprikle a pinch of cilantro on top of each bowl. Serve hot.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.