A sister channel of MTV3, available only via cable (with no extra charge) in Finland.

TVTV! focuses on reruns of popular series from the USA, such as ER, Beverly Hills 90120 and Northern Exposure. They also broadcast classics such as Monty Python's Flying Circus and Battlestar Galactica.

The rest of the material consists of a few new shows, a lot of programs bought from Canada's MuchMusic network, and even a bit of original programming aimed at a teen audience. Late Night with Conan O'Brien is also on TVTV!, although they made an incredibly stupid decision to replace it with Ed the Sock for the summer.

TVTV!'s programming is forged into drama/comedy/etc slots, so that similar programming should be on at the same time each day. The channel makes a big deal about this in their advertising.
One of the shows in the drama slot is M*A*S*H. 'Nuff said.

The channel also hosts the notorious TVTV! Chat, which is a different story...
 

Update - August 3, 2001

From August 15, TVTV! is no more. It has merged with a local channel CityTV to form SubTV which will be airing in TVTV!'s place. The program lineup will change, but only a few details are available at the time of writing. R.I.P.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.