A Texas Instruments graphing calculator. Basically allows one to get an A on any test in high school math, including calculus if you have even the slightest idea of what you are doing.
Best part is it can help you speed through anything you already know from factoring to limits (it even has an infinity button) to get to the good stuff. Considered unfair by many.
Better than TI-92 because it doesn't have a qwerty keyboard so its legal on SAT, Academic Decathlon, etc.
A graphing calculator made by Texas Instruments.
Actually, its more like a TI-92 than anything in the TI-8x series, except it is trapped in the standard TI graphing calculator body.
Well, it may not be allowed in SAT and whatnot, but it definitely was forbidden in every single mathematics exam I had in lukio (Finnish equivalent of high school, roughly), including our graduation exam (matriculation examination). No wonder, either; like said above, it can solve equations, integrate and differentiate, even if it's pretty limited. Not exactly knowing what the machine does, I'd guess it has some builtin shortcuts to most common integration problems and basic formula fiddling mechanisms. Even if it understands basic logic (you can use 'and' and 'or' in the symbolic solver), it breaks down quite fast with anything non-obvious, such as most of modular mathematics I asked it.

Also, its programming language sucks. No, seriously. TI-BASIC is evil. However, TI-GCC supports 89, which means you can actually move to writing real games, and with 256k RAM and 512k archive of slow-write memory (a sort of modifiable read-only storage) it's a bliss. If only the archive didn't occasionally get totally screwed up for no reason at all.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.