Surah 91 The Sun - Ash-Shams, 15 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- By the Sun and his (glorious) splendour;
- By the Moon as she follows him;
- By the Day as it shows up (the Sun's) glory;
- By the Night as it conceals it;
- By the Firmament and its (wonderful) structure;
- By the Earth and its (wide) expanse:
- By the Soul, and the proportion and order given to
- And its enlightenment as to its wrong and its
- Truly he succeeds that purifies it,
- And he fails that corrupts it!
- The Thamud (people) rejected (their prophet)
through their inordinate wrong-doing,
- Behold, the most wicked man among them was deputed
- But the Apostle of God said to them: "It is a
She-camel of God! And (bar her not from) having her
- Then they rejected him (as a false prophet), and
they hamstrung her. So their Lord, on account of their
crime, obliterated their traces and made them equal (in
destruction, high and low)!
- And for Him is no fear of its consequences.
Surah 90 The City
Surah 91 The Sun
Surah 92 The Night