1. A 1992 adult picture book of Madonna (under the name of "Dita") and supposed friends doing not-quite-explicit things. Very controversial for having some BDSM and genderfuck themes.

2. A store in London run by Malcolm McLaren which sold BDSM paraphenalia and T-shirts designed by Malcolm. This store was where the Sex Pistols came together.

3. A 1926 play written by and starring Mae West, for which she was arrested in New York and charged with obscenity and corrupting the morals of youth.

4. Latin for "six", and probably the same is the case in related languages.

5. The airport code for Finsterwalde (Sembach), Germany. (originally pointed out by N-Wing)

"The mere release of slime by rubbing a woman's innards."

-- Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius,
quoted by Garry Wills in his
biography of St. Augustine

...I knew those emperors were weird, but I didn't know how weird.

A small text utility from Nullsoft (the Winamp People) which sits in your system tray, and has a very small memory footprint, and is open source. Completely customizable (colour, font, size, position) and saves your text as RTF. Aptly named because it is something you never knew you needed until you tried it, and then you're addicted.

sex (noun.): one's personal and reproductive status as male or female, or uncertain, as declared on the basis of the external genitalia. Also, a vernacular synonym for genital interaction, as in the expression, to have sex.

Dictionary of Sexology Project: Main Index

Odd, beautiful, and unromantic places to have sex...

the most beautiful:
(this is excerpted from the storm came):
she found a experimental farm looking for volunteers and we moved into a finished room in a barn there and she did field hand work, weeding, and she loved it; she would work in the sun all day in the green fields and would eat strawberries and green peppers right from the ground and at night we would go outside, followed by the barn's cats, and lay together in the short soft moss at the far edge of the field and watch the moon transit the sky, make love with the moss, the breezes, the summer lightning and thunderstorms, and the sun would rise and we would trek back to the barn and shower ...

the oddest (though still beautiful):
On the spur of the moment, shortly after midnight, we went to the beach; Island Beach State Park, in New Jersey. We'd never kissed, or even hugged -- we were friends, nothing more. A full moon. We sit on the beach, talking, watching the waves, watching the shipping-lane lights on the horizon moving slowly towards New York.

May I kiss you?

We do. And warmth and passion and ... cold, cold water wakes us. The tide has come in. We're stranded on a sand bar. We make love again, water on all sides, our personal island. We wait out the six hour tide, holding each other for warmth.

the least romantic:
The 22nd floor of the UMass library. After closing. Cold, hard tile floors. The high-pitched, barely audible yet incredibly irritating whine of the emergency lights recharging.

server = S = sex changer

SEX /seks/

[Sun Users' Group & elsewhere] n. 1. Software EXchange. A technique invented by the blue-green algae hundreds of millions of years ago to speed up their evolution, which had been terribly slow up until then. Today, SEX parties are popular among hackers and others (of course, these are no longer limited to exchanges of genetic software). In general, SEX parties are a Good Thing, but unprotected SEX can propagate a virus. See also pubic directory. 2. The rather Freudian mnemonic often used for Sign EXtend, a machine instruction found in the PDP-11 and many other architectures. The RCA 1802 chip used in the early Elf and SuperElf personal computers had a `SEt X register' SEX instruction, but this seems to have had little folkloric impact. The Data General instruction set also had SEX.

DEC's engineers nearly got a PDP-11 assembler that used the SEX mnemonic out the door at one time, but (for once) marketing wasn't asleep and forced a change. That wasn't the last time this happened, either. The author of "The Intel 8086 Primer", who was one of the original designers of the 8086, noted that there was originally a SEX instruction on that processor, too. He says that Intel management got cold feet and decreed that it be changed, and thus the instruction was renamed CBW and CWD (depending on what was being extended). Amusingly, the Intel 8048 (the microcontroller used in IBM PC keyboards) is also missing straight SEX but has logical-or and logical-and instructions ORL and ANL.

The Motorola 6809, used in the Radio Shack Color Computer and in U.K.'s `Dragon 32' personal computer, actually had an official SEX instruction; the 6502 in the Apple II with which it competed did not. British hackers thought this made perfect mythic sense; after all, it was commonly observed, you could (on some theoretical level) have sex with a dragon, but you can't have sex with an apple.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Funny how there are no writeups in this node that really seem to define what sex is.

Sex is the blessed union between two individuals for the purpose of conception.

The repeated thrusting of an erect penis into a vagina for the goal of expelling sperm towards an egg.

Sex is dildos and bondage and threesomes and orgies. Pillows and satin and showers and candles. A man and a woman. Two men, or two women.

Sex is penetration. Sex is satisfaction. Sex can be beautiful and ugly, relieving and painful at the same time.

Sex is a game. A career. An addiction. Sex is a crime.

Sex is not love, and love is not sex.

Sex is impatient, sex is unkind. It is envious, boastful and proud. It is rude, and self seeking, easily angered. Sex does not delight in the truth but rejoices with evil.

Sex is what all the dinners, all the movies, ice skating, and childish laughter; what all the kissing and holding and squeezing; the stroking and sucking and biting and pounding and grinding lead up to:

Screaming and moaning; bed thumps against the wall, springs squeaking, bodys throbbing and squishing and pounding… pounding harder… and harder, faster, louder… brain turning to a white fog of sparkle, breathing harder and harder, forgetting to breathe, forgetting where your body is, and who is with it; forgetting all but a sensation: tingly and cloudy nothingness, as you float back to the bed.

Sex is fun.

Sex, n. [L. sexus: cf. F. sexe.]

1.

The distinguishing peculiarity of male or female in both animals and plants; the physical difference between male and female; the assemblage of properties or qualities by which male is distinguished from female.

2.

One of the two divisions of organic beings formed on the distinction of male and female.

3. Bot. (a)

The capability in plants of fertilizing or of being fertilized; as, staminate and pistillate flowers are of opposite sexes.

(b)

One of the groups founded on this distinction.

The sex, the female sex; women, in general.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.