Saint Catherine of Siena was born in Siena on 25 March, 1347. She died in Rome on 29 April, 1380. From an early age, Catherine began receiving visions of Christ and started practicing a series of austerities - most prominently in the form of extreme fasting. She joined the Dominican Tertiaries at 16 and became well known as a great healer, all the while receiving visitations from Christ during periods when she abstained from eating save for consuming the sacrament.

During her life she was a frequent advisor for Gregory XI and spent much of her time attempting to reform the Church and its administration. Impressed with her desire for unity within Christendom, she was sent as ambassador to Florence when war broke out between Florence and the Papal States during the 1370s. Saint Catherine of Siena's feast day is April 29th or April 30th, and sometimes the following Sunday as well depending on geographical location.

Saint Catherine of Siena is the patron saint against miscarriage as well as the patron saint of fire prevention.

A Prayer for Saint Catherine of Siena:

God, You caused St. Catherine to shine with Divine love in the contemplation of the Lord's Passion and in the service of Your Church. By her help, grant that Your people, associated in the mystery of Christ, may ever exult in the revelation of His glory.

Amen.

To Pray for protection from miscarriage:

Humble Virgin and Doctor of the Church, in thirty-three years you achieved great perfection and became the counselor of Popes. You know the temptations of mothers today as well as the dangers that await unborn infants. Intercede for me that I may avoid miscarriage and bring forth a healthy baby who will become a true child of God. Also pray for all mothers, that they may not resort to abortion but help bring a new life into the world.

Amen.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.