Welcome to Insert Coin's index of prominent figures in the video games industry. Everyone on the list is a game developer, or someone who has had a major effect on the game industry. (All people on this list have at least one w/u about their effect on the game industry.)
- Michael Abrash - Quake, graphics programming
- Yoshitaka Amano - Final Fantasy character design
- Hal Barwood - Indiana Jones
- Marc Blank - Zork (Infocom)
- David Braben - Elite, Frontier Developments
- Nolan Bushnell - Computer Space, Pong (Atari).
- Adrian Carmack - Doom, Quake, et al. (Id Software)
- John Carmack - Id Software
- Steve Crow - Starquake, Firelord, Shiny Entertainment
- William Crowther - ADVENT
- Richard Garriott (aka Lord British) - Ultima, Origin Systems, Destination Games
- Ron Gilbert - Maniac Mansion, The Secret of Monkey Island, SCUMM
- Trip Hawkins - Electronic Arts, 3DO
- Rob Hubbard - Composer, C-64, Sega Mega Drive
- Toru Iwatani - Pac-Man
- Steve Jackson (Games Workshop, F.I.S.T.) - (Lionhead).
- Hiroki Kikuta - Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu Musician
- Hideo Kojima - Metal Gear, Konami
- Yuzo Koshiro - Composer, Streets of Rage, Ancient
- Mike Krause - MUD
- David Lebling - Zork (Infocom.)
- Ian Livingstone (Games Workshop, Eidos) - Deathtrap Dungeon
- Al Lowe - Donald Duck's Playground, Leisure Suit Larry
- John Madden - Consultant, John Madden Football
- American McGee - Id Software, American McGee's Alice
- Jordan Mechner - Prince of Persia, Karateka, The Last Express
- Sid Meier - Pirates, Silent Service, Railroad Baron, Civilisation, Alpha Centauri
- Scott Miller - Kroz, Beyond the Titanic (Apogee).
- Jeff Minter> (aka the YaK) - Llamasoft, Llamatron, Tempest 2000
- Yasunori Mitsuda - Composer, Front Mission: Gun Hazard, Chrono Trigger, Square
- Shigeru Miyamoto - Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda (Nintendo).
- Peter Molyneux - Populous, Syndicate (Bullfrog, Lionhead).
- Brian Moriarty - Wishbringer (Infocom), Loom, The Dig.
- Toshihiro Nagoshi - Daytona USA, Super Monkey Ball
- Yuji Naka - Sonic Team, Sonic The Hedgehog, NiGHTS into Dreams
- Alexey Pajitnov - Tetris
- Dave Perry - Everyone's A Wally, Shiny Entertainment, Earthworm Jim, Messiah
- Sandy Petersen (Chaosium, Call of Cthulhu) - Quake (Id Software)
- Howard Phillips (Editor, Nintendo Power)
- Bobby Prince - Composer, Doom
- Paul Reiche III - Archon, Star Control et al. (Toys for Bob).
- Brian Reynolds - Firaxis, Alpha Centauri
- Chris Roberts - Wing Commander, Privateer
- Seth Able Robinson - Legend of the Red Dragon, Dink Smallwood
- John Romero - Doom, Quake, Daikatana, et al. (Id Software)
- Bill Roper - Blizzard
- George Alistair "The Fat Man" Sanger - Composer, EA, Origin Systems, Lucasfilm, Interplay, SSI, New World ...
- Mike Singleton - Lords of Midnight, Midwinter
- Matthew Smith - Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy
- Warren Spector - Deus Ex, System Shock, Ultima Underworld, et al.
- Adrian Stephens - Stunt Island, Interphase
- Yu Suzuki - Out Run, , Shenmue, Virtua Fighter
- Tim Sweeney - ZZT, Jill of the Jungle, Unreal (Epic Games).
- Kevin Toms - Football Manager
- Nobuo Uematsu - Composer, Final Fantasy
- Bob Wakelin - Commercial Illustrator, Ocean Software
- Roberta Williams - King's Quest, Phantasmagoria (Sierra).
- Will Wright - Sim City, Maxis
- Gumpei Yokoi - Metroid, Game Boy, Virtual Boy (Nintendo)
Back to Video Games - Insert Coin's home node - Video games group
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
characters - genres - magazines - platforms - people - emulators
Please /msg Insert Coin if you spot an omission or mistake in this list. Only noded people, please.
This list originally generated by fondue, and has been edited by Pseudo Intellectual, insanefuzzie, TheBooBooKitty (with thanks to Saige), and malcster.
This list has been hammered into its current shape by amib, and has since been updated by the videogames group.