Project Gotham Racing 2 Xbox Live Guide

Project Gotham Racing 2 is one of Xbox Lives most exciting games. But unless you have the right car in each class you have no chance of winning and will probably come last (Try racing against a Noble in a Vauxhall VX220 Turbo). The cars you need to do well online are completely different to the ones you need on the single player game. No matter how bad you are at racing as long as you pick the right car you can do well.

Compact Sport

The Ford Focus RS is the best car to use here even though its very slidey. The acceleration on the Renault Clio V6 is better but the top speed on the Focus is better and because they are very slow cars you'll reach the top speed very easily. The Renault is probably better on the extremely short and narrow tracks like Cathedral in Barcelona.

Sports Convertible

The Porsche Boxster S is easily the best car in this class, everybody uses it so if you pick another car your going to be left behind. The BMW Z4 3.0i can keep up with the Porsche but is let down by its poor acceleration.

Coupe

The BMW M3 just edges out the Audi S4 due to its better handling as the Audi can be a bit too slidey. The BMW has a slightly higher top speed as well.

Sports Utility

These are horribly slow cars but the Porsche Cayenne Turbo is a lot faster than the rest of the field. This is the only car you'll ever need in this class none of the others even come close.

Pacific Muscle

There are three choices here, the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Nur is probably the fastest car in the class and is my personal choice although it is extremely slidey which makes it hard for beginners. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII is about the same speed as the Skyline but is less slidey although its handling is slightly worse. The third choice is the Subaru Impreza WRX STi, it is a bit slower than the other two but it slides a lot less so is a good choice for beginners.

Roadster

The AC 427 MkIII is easily the best car in this series even though the handling is awful your going to have to get used to it because any other car is going to get beaten. When I first played online I used the Lotus 340R like I did on single player mode and I got my ass kicked by the acceleration of the AC.

Classics

The Ferrari 275 GTB is the car to use here, its the fastest car even though the handling is not particularly good, but it isn't for any car in this series. The Ferrari 250 GTO becomes available after you complete the game on bronze (easy) but is quite disapointing. If you have this car use it for the smaller circuits or ones with a lot of corners.

Sports Coupe

Even though the Iceni looks like the best car in this series the Morgan Aero 8 is better because of its faster acceleration and brilliant power sliding and handling.

American Muscle

These cars are a real pain in the ass because they all handle so appallingly. Unfortunately the fastest car, the Corvette Sting Ray is the worst handling of them all so it will take a lot of practice to get used to. If your racing in the rain its going to be really tricky to handle so you may wish to switch to the Ford SVT Mustang Cobra unless you like a challenge.

Super Cars

If you have completed single player mode on steel you will have the Delfino Feroce. This car will get of the start fast you won't see it again, until the first corner where it will have crashed into the barrier because of its horrible handling. The trick is to drive like you would on a wet track and brake really early however if this is too hard then go in a Ferrari 360 Modena.

Grand Touring

Theres only one car you need here, the Ferrari 575M Maranello. Its stats are high in all areas so you won't be getting beaten but you'll still be bringing in a lot of kudos.

Track Specials

The Noble M12 GTO3 is a superb car. Its acceleration is awesome and its handling is superb. If you don't have this car your doomed because everyone has it and it can kick the ass of every other car. One exception to this is on the Nurburgring the Dodge Viper SRT-10 has slightly better top speed but its handling isn't up to much.

Extreme

There are two cars that can be used here. The Ferrari F50 is the fastest car in this class but doesn't handle brilliantly. I prefer to use the Ascari KZ1 as its only slightly slower but handles much better. Don't be fooled by the stats of the Jaguar XJ220, it might look faster but the handling basically cancels that out.

Ultimate

If you've only completed single player on bronze or below then the Enzo Ferrari is your best option here unless your playing in the rain when the Pagani Zonda S is easier to handle. If you can handle it the Koenigsegg CC V8S is good to experiment with but it doesn't handle well at all. When you have completed the game on silver the Porche 911 GT1 is the best car to use in all situations until you unlock the Mercedes CLK-GTR which is better at shorter circuits or circuits with a lot of corners. The TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is only used by masters of the game that will kick your ass anyway or 12 year olds that have brought a cheat system and won't be able to handle it.

I hope this guide helps you become at least an average player on the game but the best way to get good is too keep playing it, thats the only way to get a high kudos rank, you can play people at rank 30 who aren't any better than a rank 14 they just play the game more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.