(Please note: This is the official title. No monkeys were hurt during the process of baking, nor should you feed these to your pet monkeys, unless checking with a veterinarian and/or monkey dietician first.)


This is a recipe from the side of my store brand Bran Flakes cereal box, with modifications. These muffins contain wheat, soy, egg, and milk, so if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions to any or all of those ingredients, I'm sorry but these muffins are not for you. But you could make them and give them to a bake sale for a worthy cause.

Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a muffin pan for 12 muffins, or you can use seasonal paper cupcake baking liners, with turkeys dancing, dreidels, Santa Claus, or pale birthday ones in pink, blue, and yellow. Black for the goth in your life or someone turning fifty, Hello Kitty or cowboys and guns.

Combine in a medium-sized bowl:

1 and 1/2 cups of Bran Flakes cereal

3 ripe or over ripe bananas, mashed

1/2 cup milk

1 egg

3 T. applesauce

3/4 cup whole wheat flour

1/4 cup soy flour

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg

Stir gently just enough to moisten and blend ingredients. Divide by 12, and place 1/12 of batter into each potential muffin spot. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. You can add chopped walnuts or golden raisins on the top before baking, plus a dusting of cinnamon and sugar, if you're feeling fancy. Best served hot, with or without butter. While you wait for them to cook, you can read the back of the box, which explains Our Government at work.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.