Babylon 5 Season 1, Episode 6. Written by J. Michael Straczynski, directed by Bruce Seth Green. Originally aired on March 2, 1994.

Primary Plot: One of Talia Winters' old Psi Corps instructors, Jason Ironheart comes aboard station fleeing the Corps after a botched medical experiment. Two Psi-Cops, including Walter Koenig as Alfred Bester, arrive on the station to apprehend him.

Secondary Plot: G'Kar tries to convince Catherine Sakai not to go to Sigma 957.

Commentary: This introduced a loooot of concepts:

  1. First encounter with the Psi Corps and Alfred Bester. Take a look at the salute Bester gives Garibaldi near the end of the episode--it's the same one Jack (the traitor who shoots Garibaldi in Chrysalis) gives Garibaldi in Revelations.
  2. First visit to Sigma 957. The big alien ship that knocks out Sakai's ship is revealed in a later episode to be one of the First Ones.
  3. Shows how Talia Winters gets her special powers. This was important at the time but became trivial because Andrea Thompson, who played Talia, left the show in the middle of Season 2. When Lyta Alexander took over the telepath role, JMS decided to explain her powers in a different way--the Vorlons had altered her.

Return to the Babylon 5 Episode Guide.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.