A big thank-you for so much

I thought it time to start to express some of my gratitude. It turns out I have a lot to be thankful for. This is aimed at the whole community here, blunderbuss-style, even though there are also individuals responsible for the goodness. Some of it is gratitude to the whole universe, which on the whole has been pretty decent to me, even though it has a peculiar way of showing it. I'm looking at you, Eris. And just to clarify, no I am not dying. A couple of you seemed to be worried about that.

I should add that these are in no particular order, either, so don't feel slighted if you have to read down to find your blessing.

BIG ZOUNDS from the nodegel

Thank you to the mystery noder who is either a mind-reader or who found my Amazon wishlist. For quite a while I've been looking to get a Bluetooth speaker to bring music to my screen porch, given that summer is coming and I like to sit out there in the evenings. This morning I came back to the ranch to find a package containing not just any speaker, but the one I'd specifically looked at getting. I can't remember telling anyone, so this remains a mystery.

Thank you to you, O Great One, who noticed that my current laptop was breaking down and is sending a used one better in every way than my poor, worn Thinkpad. I'm going to miss the stickers, but I will not miss the keyboard. Nor the weight.

Thank you to the kind heart who is sending me some seegars because I made an joak in the chatterbox. I rarely indulge because frankly I have other vices that take priority, but I do enjoy a luxury now and again.

Thank you to the amazing soul who sent me a bag of their favourite coffee blend after a conversation about Moka pots and my new-found passion for good, well-made coffee. I'm going to enjoy it, especially now that my pump is fixed and I have running water again.

General Noder Blessings

Thank you for the whole damned site. Thanks, JayBonci for fixing it up and making all good. Thanks Tem42 for your efforts in making it a wholesome place. Thank you gods and editors for your tireless work and good humour.

Thank you, community. You have cheered me and kept me sane for 21+ years. Mostly it seems you like me and my writing so I will keep coming back with more until you get tired of me. I love you all.

Above all, thank you because you introduced me to Christine and without her I'd have been unfulfilled. Thank you Tessie for continuing to carry your mum's light out in the world as a strong and good-hearted woman. Thank you Wiccanpiper, who flew from the American continent to be the High Priest at our handfasting. Thank you Pandora who officated as High Priestess at the same.

All y'all!

The Universe has been good to me. I owe thanks to my father who taught me the basics of life. How to cook and sew and iron. That the world is a wonderful place. My mother who taught me the value of people, patience and reading.

I continue to find love. Thank you for that.


 

Written on Boomtime, the 4th day of Discord in the YOLD 3188

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.