Trying to become healthy in mind, body and spirit.

For the body part, I have begun juicing every morning.

I recently heard that eating a big breakfast is not so good because your body is still digesting, or just finishing up digesting the food from the night before and it isn't fair to assault it with more food right away.


I am also trying to maintain a steady weight. My new regime now that berry season is long gone:

Mango, Persimmon, Apple Smoothie

1 cup mango juice
1 large overly ripe persimmon
1 Granny Smithapple, cored and sliced
1 cup ice cubes
3 heaping tablespoons raw, shelled, organic hemp seed
1 handful almonds (approximately 30)

Place all of the above ingredients into the blender, cover and
blend on "Liquefy", until everything is pulverised. Pour into
a tall glass and enjoy.


I get my protein from the hemp seed as well as the almonds which also give me vitamin E. Persimmons are an excellent source of antioxidants and chock-full of vitamins. One persimmon holds 55 percent of your daily allowance of Vitamin A and 21 percent of your recommended Vitamin C, plus six grams of fiber and 2 per cent potassium. All this for only 32 calories. and luckily I grow them. The Granny Smith apple gives me 7 per cent carbs, 20 per cent dietary fiber, 2 per cent Vitamin A ยท 20per cent Vitamin C 2 per cent Calcium and 2 per cent Iron, all for only 80 calories.

The orchards I planted last winter have not yet begun to bear fruit in any quantity, but we are hopeful for a harvest of 2 types of plums, 2 types of peaches, nectarines, apricots, and three types of apples. The persimmon is around 40 or 50 years old and still fruit bearing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.