You can not be in love with every beautiful thing you see, logically.

Remember that girl at the bus stop you only caught a glimpse of from behind? Remember that dream you can't remember, the one where you had dinner in that huge room, and got to wear all those wonderful dresses? Remember that amazing sunset you were too busy in traffic to do little more than glance at in your mirror before focusing your attention on the cop car in front with his lights going? Remember that piece on the wall in Cibo that you didn't even notice when you walked in with that hot guy you've been hanging around with lately? Remember that brand new kitten sleeping so sweetly on your crazy cat lady friend's shoulder while she vacuumed her house when you were cleaning her bathroom for her? (Remember your nine month old nephew sitting on your lap while you were noding?)

These things were all beautiful, yes? And you fell in love with none of them, no?

We will define "in love" as "the state of having an unreasoning fondness of," and "beautiful" as "delighting the senses to a sufficient degree to invoke admiration."

Let x equal the set of all beautiful things you have seen, and y equal the set of all things you have been in love with.

Our hypothesis is z, "You can not be in love with every beautiful thing you see."

While x contains elements, for every element in x that does not occur in y, z is true.

A spinoff of a now-filled nodeshell, born while watching Proof.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.