Artist: The Hives
Album: Veni Vidi Vicious
Track 4
Title: Main Offender

I'm on my way.
Can't settle down.
I'm stuck in ways of being an ass
and I got a lot of nerve that I'm ready to pass.
I'm on my way.
Can't settle down.
I'm stuck in ways of sadistic joy
and my talent only goes as far as to annoy.
I'm on my way.

This is my main offender.
This is what I've got and it got me saying - Why me?

I'm on my way.
I get around.
But I'm not all sure about what I do.
I feel I've got to stop a second just to think it thru.
And so I stop!
I'm on my way.
Yeah I get around.
Yeah I thought it all over and now I spit it out
And when I spit I spit on those I care less about
I'm on my way.

This is my main offender.
This is what I've got and it got me saying - Why Me?

------------------------------------------------------

"Main Offender" is the fourth track and the second single off of the album "Veni Vidi Vicious." A garage band from Sweden, the Hives have been compared to the Vines, the Strokes, and the White Stripes.

The video for "Main Offender" shows them up against a rival band, the Negatives, who are also played by themselves, in a black and white cartoonish environment. They move on newspapers and billboards in the setting, "Punk Rock City."

They're sent out to topple the Negatives, who have overthrown the Hives' popularity with 'a fresh look' and a 'new sound' - though they look and sound identical. They finally head to where the next Negatives concert will be, beat them up (in an uproarious sequence where the band members appear to beat themselves up), and fly their own banner.

Various other amusing occurences include a Hives member blowing up a bird with a rocket launcher while as a part of a billboard advertisement, an extremely short conversation between the band members just prior to heading out to the Negatives' place, and a play on the words 'treble' and 'trouble' at the very beginning (which requires sharp eyes or a VCR with a pause button to catch).


Instrumentation:

Howlin' Pelle Almquist - vocals
Dr. Matt Destruction - bass guitar
Nicholaus Arson - guitar
Vigilante Carlstroem - guitar
Chris Dangerous - drums

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.