Joseph Fiennes was born on May 27, 1970 in Salisbury, Wiltshire, England. He is the younger brother of Ralph Fiennes -- who's 7 years his senior -- and is also a fraternal twin. His twin's name is Jacob Fiennes. He is also the younger brother of the director Martha Fiennes, who directed Onegin. Joseph Fiennes was brought up in West Cork, Ireland and left art school, to begin working with the Young Vic Youth Theatre. He then went on to train at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. After gaining some professional roles he joined the Royal Shakespeare Company for 2 seasons performing in such roles as Troilus and Cressida.

A gorgeous actor with a baby face to come out of England, he is often compared with his older brother. Many women admit that he is good looking while Ralph Fiennes is just handsome and better looking. He hit international stardom in his role in Shakespeare in Love in 1998 that won for Best Picture Oscar. Also In 1998, he played two different men in the Elizabethan era: Robert Dudley in Elizabeth and William Shakespeare in Shakespeare in Love. Both of these men were cheating on their wives. Both his leading ladies in the movies were nominated for Best Actress, and Gweneth Paltrow won. He and his brother Ralph have also acted along side the same actress Cate Blanchett. Him in Elizabeth, and his brother in Oscar and Lucinda.

A bachelor he is currently dating Catherine McCormack, who starred as Mel Gibson's slain wife in Braveheart, after breaking up with Sara Griffiths whom he had a 7 year relationship with. At the present he makes his home in Notting Hill in West London.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.