The Introducing series of books

If you haunt bookstores as I do, you must have seen some of these books. They look like graphic novels (upscale comic books). You might think of these as Cliff's Notes for postmoderns. The illustrations are monochrome and range in quality from clever collages and cartoons to crude scribbles.

The topics covered up to 1999 include Ancient Eastern Philosophy, Astrology, Barthes, Baudrillard, Buddha, Camus, Chaos, Chomsky, Cultural Studies, Cyberspace, Derrida, Descartes, Ethics, Fascism, Feminism, Foucault, Genetics, Hegel, Jesus, Joyce, Jung, Kafka, Kant, Keynes, Lévi-Strauss, Lacan, Machiavelli, Mandela, Melanie Klein, Muhammad, Newton, Nietzsche, Picasso, Postmodernism, Quantum Theory, Sartre, Semiotics, Stephen Hawking, The Enlightenment, The Holocaust, The Internet, The Universe, Wagner, Walter Benjamin, and Wittgenstein, (the title of each book is Introducing followed by one of the above topics).

The publisher is Totem Books.
"Inquiries to PO Box 223
Canal Street Station
New York, NY 10013"

"Distributed to the trade in the United States by National Book Network Inc., 4720 Boston Way, Lanham, Maryland 20706"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.