Enoch shows up a couple of times in the Bible.

a) he is a son of Cain and also a city (Genesis 4:17)---
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.


b) he is the son of Jared and father of Methusaleh (Genesis 5:18, 21)---
18 § And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:
...
21 § And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:


This Enoch is fairly well-known for having "walked with God" (Genesis 5:22-24)---
22 § And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
23 § And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
24 § And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

His name was attributed to the the Books of Enoch.

Enoch

He is taken to heaven on orders of God, and transformed into the archangel METATRON to become a heavenly scribe. According to legend, Enoch's descriptions of the heavens and hells he encountered, and the angels therein, are given in the Book of Enoch, also called the "Chronicles of Enoch," pseudepigraphical writings not part of the canon.

According to the Bible (Genesis 5:18-24), Enoch was the 7th generation descendant from Adam in the long-lived lineage of patriarchs. His father, Jared, was 162 years old when Elijah was born and lived for another 800 years. Enoch fathered Methuselah at age 65, and lived another 300 years before going directly to heaven (although his fate is debated by scholars). Genesis 5:24 says that "Enoch walked with God and he was not, for God took him."

The Book of Jubilees, a Jewish pseudepigraphical text from the 2nd century B.C.E., says that Enoch was "conducted into the Garden of Eden in majesty and honor, and behold there he writes down the condemnation and judgement of the world."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.