September 13, 2000
Everything Editor Logs
vague memory | baseless speculation
O dem bones. O, o, o. I have been crippled for the past while with system problems. However, having cleaned out registry errors and using several workarounds, I have time to tend the nodefields again. May my labours reflect the glories of thy august countenance. Even though it's September.
Users have flung the following into the Crypt:
Kansas by stain.
Terry Goodkind by lazyr. By request.
- sentence fragment by Rollo. By request.
- saying the same thing by xtian. Suggested by StopTheViolins. Nov. 13, 1999.
- Ellurium-115 by Rockwalrus and FirewalkR.
- Marita Corriobus by panthers95 and FirewalkR.
- Fled user FirewalkR.
- All by fled E1 user panthers95. Suggested by sleeping wolf.
- The Pilot
- Deep Throat
- Jersey Devil
- Ghost in the Machine
- Fallen Angel
I have finally finished with sleeping wolf
's listing of pointless Nov. 13, 1999 by panthers95
. Instead of doing my own listing, I'm just copying sleepin wolf
's text from the E2 nuke request page
by panthers95 and friends:
- Nate Thames -- content: "Nate Thames is a cool person who's home node is at panthers95." I'm glad he told me
he was cool, I don't think any of us would have guessed.
- Eastminster Presbyterian -- A little bit about this fled noder's church and youth group, which fits largely into the
well, duh category. I would tend to bet that catalyst's writeup is a flame.
- Real Life -- the above-mentioned youth group. Going mountain biking is wonderful.
- Nate Bike -- Personal content is good if it is capable of evoking a reaction.
- NateBands -- a "metanode" for four band opinions by this fled user. One of which is mispelled.
- (rather questionable) -- check out The Eels, the spelling error redirection node Novicane for the Soul, and compare with eels (band).
- jroger -- a node telling us panthers95's IRC nick. Nodes like this help confuse those new to Everything.
- #slashdot -- Good writeup except for one minor problem. It's not irc.slasdot.org. It's irc.slashdot.org.
Fled single-writeup E1 user thresher's writeup is useless -- "News for Nerds. Stuff That Matters. :-)"
- discuss -- Like many E1 definition writeups, this one gets squashed by Webster 1913.
- #distributed -- Tells us that it's the IRC channel to discuss distributed.net. A bit fluffy.
- Mistic -- A link-less sentence telling us the drink sucks -- and I thought the drink described was called Orbitz.
- Hyper-Activity -- nearly identical to the correctly spelled writeup, hyperactivity.
- Cocker Spaniel -- Linkless, tells us that they are small, hyperactive dogs that might bite.
How many dogs does that describe? I know some noder out there can do far better!
- flat -- A definition (Webster 1913 says it as well) and an indication that it describes Kansas.
- topology -- Unfortunately, that's the definition of topography.
- afraid -- Beaten by Webster 1913. This is as bad as a few of his other NFN definitions that
lack links or any real use. I didn't add them because they have nothing better.
- tetrahedron -- Linkless, & General Wesc has a superior writeup.
- hygrometer -- Beaten by Webster 1913.
- Needle Nose Pliers -- linkless and beaten by Accipiter's writeup
Which brings me to this. I have a msg from Shijef: "Just found a E1 user you might want to go through the nodelist of. lovepop32."
Perhaps some editor might want to do this. I'll delete the shells.
While I agree there is a great deal of dross from E1, I am not that interested in nuking material from this period or in fulfilling nuke requests for nodes written by someone other than the person making the request.
I am much more interested in helping current users with typos, title edits, and nuking accidents or ill-begotten nodes that seemed like a good idea until the first downvote of many began to slide in.
It is not that I will leave other kinds of requests to pile up for other kami. But I'm not that bloodthirsty so I'm probably not the right person to root through a fled user's nodepile to determine what should live and what shouldn't.
Now to some title edits.
- Slow people by R3DM3CURY2. By request.
- irrational-base number system by s_alanet. By request.
- I will NOT star in your psychodrama by Nailbunny. After hir had already had a title edit done. By hir request.