Dodger Stadium (Home of the Dodger Dog and also known as Chavez Ravine.) was completed in 1962 for the Los Angeles Dodgers and opened to the public on April 10th of that year with Cinncinati vs. Los Angeles. It is located in Chavez Ravine a former part of Elysian Park that was home to poor Mexicans and Whites. It was traded for an equal amount of land which was absorbed into the modern day Elysian Park.
The stadium is one of only 3 in the National League to be built only for baseball (The other 2 being Coors Field and Wrigley Field.). Dodger Stadium was also the home of the California Angels from April 17th, 1962 to September 22nd, 1965 when their stadium, the "Big A" in Anaheim was completed.
Although it does have sufficent parking, sometimes people park on streets nearby in order to avoid the badly designed exits and entrances.
- Seating Capacity: 56,000
- Parking Capacity: 16,000 cars
- Left Field: 330 ft.
- Center Field: 395 ft.
- Right Field: 330 ft.
- Grass: Santa Ana Bermuda
- Architect: Captain Emil Praeger
- Cleanest ballpark in the league.
- Designed to be expandable with up to 85,000 seats
1000 Elysian Park Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90033