Every major city has one and, by golly, I gots' me one 'uv 'em too! Utah's big old shopping place located at the centre of Salt Lake City, Utah. Has the usual fare of stores, shops and whatnot. If you go there, go into Hot Topic, ask for Derek and say I sent you. he won't know what the hell you're talking about... if he still works there.

As of this writing, there are a few shops that stand out, that I would highly recommend:

What's really cool about the Crossroads Mall in Bellevue, Washington is that is a huge gathering for chess players. Right outside the Wizards of the Coast store, there is a huge chess court, with piles of checker-covered tables everywhere, including one entire section of floor, that's nothing but a chess board with several foot-high pieces, just laying about.

At any time of any given day you see people staring at those 16 pieces, locked in a silent mental duel of epic proportions with their opponent, while a clock discretely ticks away. There would be at any given moment anywhere from five to twenty pairs locked in such a battle.

It's quite an interesting place to visit, and I think is a really good glimpse of West Coast culture, as least from this native Easterner's view. The food court isn't bad either. There is a fairly wide variety of stores in this tiny little mall, including a 24 hour QFC on one end.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.