This phrase was used by all inhabitants of the Neighborhood of Make-Believe in response to King Friday XIII's presumptions. The regularity with which this phrase was used suggests that it was probably enforced under the weight of law, especially considering the importance that King Friday placed on receiving his due respect as reigning monarch. This would not be the only instance of King Friday curtailing personal freedoms within Make-Believe. When the residents of Make-Believe built a black and white television, King Friday forced his subjects to watch economic reports during their tv time figuring that he knew what was best.

During the week "Mister Rogers Talks About War," King Friday got over-excited about some vague rumors and drafted his subjects into a hastily assembled military and forced them to assemble bombs developed at Cornflake S. Pecially's rocking chair factory. This was one of the most emotionally powerful sequences to occur in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe (as evidenced by the fact that I still remember it after all these years). The residents of Make-Believe, from Lady Aberlin to Daniel Striped Tiger, wear patchwork helmets that appear to have been made out of pasta strainers, much like what a child would use if they cannibalized the kitchen to play war. Assembling bombs breaks their spirits like nothing ever witnessed on the show. They walk about with heads hanging, no smiles or greetings.

But the most powerful symbol of all?

King Friday says, "Lady Aberlin, I presume?"

She answers, "Correct as sometimes, King Friday."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.