City Air Terminal
(CAT) provides the airport terminal
in the city
. Generally, such CAT provides baggage check-in
in the city, and the passenger then takes a fast train
to the airport
. The International Air Rail Organization (IARO
) says there are over 70 air rail links, some of them provides CAT facilities. Such City Air Termina
would generally have International Air Transportation Association (IATA
) three letter code starting with "X" indicating it does not actually have a runway.
Some City Air Terminals around the world.
- Korea City Air Terminal (www.kcat.co.kr/e/)
- Tokyo City Air Terminal (www.tokyowithkids.com/fyi/tcat.html)
- London Heathrow Express (www.heathrowexpress.co.uk)
- Gardemoen Oslo Express
- Sweden Arlanda Express (www.arlandaexpress.com)
- Copenhagen Express
- Hong Kong Airport Express
To be updated further.