Perched atop a hill
at Spadina Road south of St. Clair, Casa Loma draws thousands of visitors each year. Casa Loma was built by Canadian financier
Sir Henry Pellatt between 1911 and 1914, to fulfil his childhood wish for a castle
It may appear anachronistic
now, but it hasn't lost its majestic
charm, or the secret
and (empty) swimming pool
that can be explored.
is owned by the City of Toronto
and operated by the Kiwanis Club
of Casa Loma, which operates it as a tourist attraction
, and the tourists come at a rate
of about 400,000 a year.