This is a wedding ceremony I wrote a while back. I used variations on it when I performed my parent's and uncle's weddings. (The baptist Church has no Liturgy, so each minister has to write his/her own)

Introduction
Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here together in the sight of God, and in the presence of these wittnesses to join (Man) and (Woman) in the bonds of holy matrimony. If there is anyone here who knows a just cause why they should not lawfully be joined in marriage, I implore you to speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Giving of the Bride
Who gives this woman to be married to this man? (Bride's father says "I do") Since it is your desire to take each other as husband and wife, please indicate as such by joining hands.

Scripture Reading
The holy scriptures set Christ's love for his church before you as an example for your devotion. You have guidance concerning the meaning of that love. In the words of the Apostle Paul:
      "Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous;
      Love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly;
      it does not seek it's own, is not provoked,
      does not take into account a wrong suffered,
      does not rejoice in unriteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
      bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things;
      Love never fails..." (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)


Admonition
A union embodying such an ideal is not to be entered into lightly, but reverently, and in the fear of God. Thus said,

Giving of the Vows
Do you, (Man), take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold; and do you promise, forsaking all others, to cleave to her and her alone, for as long as you both shall live? (Groom says "I do.") Do you, (Woman), take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold; and do you promise, forsaking all others, to cleave to him and to him alone, for as long as you both shall live? (Bride says "I do.")

Giving of the Rings
(To Groom) What token do you give as a symbol of your affection and of your sincerity and fidelity? (Groom produces ring) (To Groom) Repeat after me: This ring I give / as a token / of my affection, sincerity, and fidelity. / Will you wear it / as a symbol / of your own affection, sincerity, and fidelity / toward me? (Bride says "I Will.") (Groom places ring on Bride's Hand) (To Bride) What token do you give as a symbol of your affection and of your sincerity and fidelity? (Bride produces ring) (To Bride) Repeat after me: This ring I give / as a token / of my affection, sincerity, and fidelity. / Will you wear it / as a symbol / of your own affection, sincerity, and fidelity / toward me? (Groom says "I Will.") (Bride places ring on Groom's Hand)

Giving of the Pledge
(To Groom) Repeat after me: I, (Man), / take thee (Woman), / to me by lawfully wedded wife, / to have and to hold / from this day forward, / for better or for worse, / for richer or for poorer, / in sickness and in health, / to love and to cherish, / till death do us part. / by God's holy ordinance / I pledge to you my faith. (To Bride) Repeat after me: I, (Woman), / take thee (Man), / to me by lawfully wedded husband, / to have and to hold / from this day forward, / for better or for worse, / for richer or for poorer, / in sickness and in health, / to love and to cherish, / till death do us part. / by God's holy ordinance / I pledge to you my faith.

Presenting of the Couple
Because (Man) and (Woman) have consented together in holy wedlock, and have witnessed the same before God and these witnesses, and have thereto given and pledged their faith, each one to the other, By the power given to my by (Licensing Church), I pronounce that they are Husband and Wife, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. (to Groom) You may kiss the Bride.

Closing Prayer


Benediction
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all. Go in peace.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.