in cigarettes cheaper, a franchise operation that sells only tobacco and tobacco related products, they have in a frame above the door something titled the 'smoker's creed.' paraphrasing wildly, it says 'i smoke because i want to smoke. i am responsible for my own choices. i am healthy and happy. i am free to make my own decisions.' before they hung that up, i always liked cigarettes cheaper. it's cheap (duh), and the guy at the counter is nice to me. but that's fucked up. obviously the chain gets some kind of kickback from big tobacco corporations, and this is going too far in their attempt to make smokers feel as though they are a dwindling minority of freedom fighters, last adherents to the bill of rights, true patriots, respectable.

yeah, i do smoke because i want to smoke. isn't that why humans do anything? that doesn't mean i want evil corporations speaking on my behalf, trying to rally me toward some cause that is unimportant and ultimately designed to ensure that they can continue the same morally repugnant practices they've prepetrated for decades. i smoke because i'm a stupid hedonist, not because i want to lend power or money to an evil industry. and if i ever quit, that will be the reason.

jes04: try zyban.