This esoteric theory refers to the idea that the total ecology of life on earth is at times subject to certain threats that result in a simultaneous change in the DNA of all members of a species or of all species. It also refers to any change in the "genetic blueprint" in the ecology of earth itself.

One example of this theory comes from LSD. Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) was first synthesized in 1938. According to Dr. Timothy Leary and his entourage, it was tested as a headache medicine without any success, and without any psychedelic effects. When the inventor of LSD resumed testing on the drug in 1943 he found that it had psychedelic properties. Timothy Leary, and others, believed that this was due to a massive change in the physics and chemistry of the universe brought about by nuclear fusion first achieved by scientists on December 2, 1941.

This physical change resulted in a change in the Planetary DNA. Apparently, the new DNA sequences were a survival mechanism that was supposed to interact with LSD in a new way that would encourage anti-war sentiment, environmental concerns and social justice. This change manifested itself in the social upheavel of the civil rights movement and other social unrest of the 1960s and 1970s. Ultimately, they believe, enough people will be exposed to the mind altering effects of LSD that those people will be able to save the human race from being destroyed in nuclear war and environmental catastrophe.