Korn (meaning "grain" in German) is also a translucent alcoholic beverage well-established in German-speaking Europe since the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648). In my very personal opinion it is the German counterpart for the London dry gin and also tastes like it. The German Rock band Tomte produced a song called "Korn und Sprite", inspired by Oasis' "Gin and Tonic". The both mixtures pretend to have the same taste, however the recipe of Korn and Sprite is only common within a small number of juveniles. Pure Korn, containing 32% alcohol, is usually sold in .7l see-through glass bottles by dozens of different manufacturers throughout Germany. Bottles can be purchased at any supermarket in Germany and Austria for 4-30$ each, depending on the brand.

Now a recipe to distillate Korn (I lack most specific words concerning agriculture, if you have any suggestions for improvement of my instrucions, please message me): You need entire wheat and put it in destillated water for four to ten days at 10-18° Celsius. Then slowly heat to 80° until the corn is dry, then bruise it. The malty bruised grain is put into soured water (water:malt = 4:1) and reheated to 51° while permanently stirring it. After 30 minutes scald to 64° and stir on for another 60 minutes. Filtrate the broth twice to unhinge the remaining sugar, then put it into a fermentation vessel, cover it with a towel and cool it to 12°. Put barm and mineral nutriment into it and let it acidify to pH 3, then distillate it once.

Korn is usually consumed pure at room temperature.