user since
Fri Jul 17 1998 at 08:41:55 (26 years ago )
last seen
Wed Mar 4 2009 at 16:12:50 (15.4 years ago )
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 22
most recent writeup
dub (thing)
Send private message to cthulhio

I haven't logged in for 11 years. Today I stumbled upon this page and managed to guess my ancient password.

Below is what I wrote about myself 11 years ago. It's entertaining to see what I picked out as descriptive traits.

Needless to say, a lot has changed since then. I still occasionally drink tea, though it's usually a light oolong, and most of the time I drink coffee instead. I still enjoy tobacco and go through random periods of pipe and cigar smoking. My musical tastes have changed wildly, though occasionally I put on Prince Far I.

The rest of this message is FROM THE PAST.


Here's the rundown:

  1. I'm a student at CMU double-majoring in Cognitive Science and Computer Science with a minor in Math.
  2. I work at KEI (www.kevol.com), right now mostly playing with Java.
  3. I drink a lot of green tea. Loose,&.of course, and the good stuff. I of course use a Yixing pot. I would like to experiment with gongfu brewing.
  4. I listen almost exclusively to dub and roots reggae. I may have a radio show at CMU in the near future.
  5. I also smoke a pipe and gr. scraggly facial hair so as to scare off the females. It seems to work.
  6. I enjoy the philosophy of Alan Watts.
  7. I practiced Chen-style taiji for a short while, but had to stop when I went to college. I would like to start again.

And now you can pick me out from amongst the crowd.