A little known fact about hockey's Mighty Ducks is that they originally had two mascots.

Wildwing is their current mascot; a feathery duck with a yellow beak and an old-fashioned goalie's mask in the style of the team's logo, he lives on to this day. But at their first regular-season game, on October 8, 1993, they introduced a second mascot.

Iceman was apparently supposed to be one bad motherfucker, but he pretty much came off as a jerk. He descended from the rafters in a big plastic ship of some sort, stepped out in a black costume, and started pushing the man in the duck suit around.

Suffice it to say, the audience was not thrilled. He was gone by the end of the first period.

Disney's plan for world domination was only set back five years by this unexpected backlash. However, this unprecedented display of individuality suggests that there's still hope for mankind.

Despite the Disney-ish overtones of Wildwing (he looks like a tall, muscular version of what Donald Duck might look like on steroids), local fans were polled to determine whether Wildwing should stay or go when the team transitioned from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim into the Anaheim Ducks in 2006. The overwhelming response was to keep him, and so he, and his granite statue outside of Arrowhead Pond, remain.