Buffy The Vampire Slayer Episode Guide

Season 1, episode 12

Prophecy Girl

Written and directed by Joss Whedon
Original air date: June 2, 1997
Episode #: 4V12

Cast:
Buffy Summers: Sarah Michelle Gellar
Xander Harris: Nicholas Brendon
Willow Rosenberg: Alyson Hannigan
Rupert Giles: Anthony Stewart Head
Angel: David Boreanaz
Cordelia Chase: Charisma Carpenter
Jenny Calendar: Robin LaMorte
The Master: Mark Metcalf
The Anointed One: Andrew J. Ferchland

The last episode of the first season.

Prom night is nearly here, and Xander wants to ask Buffy. But he's a little nervous, so he practices his speech with Willow. Meanwhile, Buffy is fighting a few very tough vampires. Giles reads about a prophecy about the Master and the Slayer, when an earthquake hits Sunnydale.

Later, Buffy tells Giles about her attack, and tells him she's starting to get scared. Xander finally asks her out, but she turns him down, because she doesn't want to ruin their friendship if things go wrong. Giles and Jenny Calendar discuss the prophecy, the earthquake, and several other strange occurrences. They come to the conclusion that the apocalypse is coming. Buffy hears it when Giles tells Angel that she's going to die when she'll face the Master. Buffy freaks out, and wants to quit.

At school, several students are found dead, which leaves Willow very frightened, since she was the one who found them. That's the line for Buffy and she realizes that only she can save the world by facing the Master. She takes her crossbow and goes in search of him. She finds the Anointed One, who will lead her to the Master. Xander, concerned about Buffy, asks Angel to help him with protecting Buffy.

In his lair, the Master bites Buffy, and she falls down in the mud. By killing her, he is finally free to break through to the other side, and leave his lair. Xander and Angel find Buffy, and they are able to revive her. Meanwhile, Cordelia and Ms. Calendar are trying to get to the library, but they are slowed down by hordes of vampires in the street.

When they finally reach the library, a huge monster breaks through the floor. This is because the library was built right on top of the Hellmouth. Buffy makes it back to the school, and fights the Master. She's able to throw him through a roof window, and he gets impaled in the way down. When he dies, the monster and the vampires disappear with him.

previous episode  next episode
Index