I saw my doctor yesterday for another follow-up appointment from my surgery and was given some rather amusing news. It seems that my brain is confused when it comes to have pieces of intestine removed. Y'see, just because *I* know that the surgeon scooped out bits of bowel from my body, it doesn't mean that my brain knows just yet. It's still trying to access those pieces of intestine as part of the act of digestion... and it's not finding them. This is confusing the brain to no end, thus resulting in pains, fatigue, and other nagging little symptoms.

Until my brain figures out just what the hell is going on, it's going to be flummoxed about the "intestine not found" message coming from the digestive tract. It will figure things out within a year and make the necessary adjustments, and then these problems should taper off. I'm not complaining, mind you - after what I've been through this year, these little pains and sleepiness are a walk in the park. Poor brain; it's always the last to know sometimes. But beyond that I've been told to keep doing what I'm doing health-wise and, if nothing flares up, to see the doctor again in three months for another check.

Here's wishing good health, happiness, and delicious sandwiches to you all!