Actress born in Västerås, Sweden 1973, daughter of Norwegian actress Jannik Bonnevie and Swedish actor Per Waldvik. An only child, Bonnevie grew up in Oslo, living with her mother. Before taking up drama, she practiced classical and modern dancing. She got her first roles in a movie at 16, while still in high school, starring in both The White Viking, an Icelandic-Norwegian co-production, and The Polar Bear King, based on a traditional Norwegian fairytale, in 1991. The next year, she made her stage debut in Easter by August Strindberg. Bonnevie never finished high school, but spent a year in Denmark taking music and drama lessons, first at a school, then privately. This helped her towards getting accepted at the school of drama at the Kungliga dramatiska teatern (Dramaten) in Stockholm the summer of 1993. Her role as Gertrud in Bille August's 1996 movie Jerusalem brought Bonnevie the closest thing to an international breakthrough she has experienced so far. Since leaving drama school, she has been employed by Dramaten. Her partner is colleague Mikael Persbrandt, elected Sweden's most sexy man in 1999.

Bonnevie plays the title role of I Am Dina, the 2002 movie directed by Ole Bornedal, based on a book by Norwegian author Herbjørg Wassmo. Although the news of her being cast for the role generated massive scepticism, the critics have generally been far more positive towards her performance than towards the movie as a whole. Unfortunately for Bonnevie, the language of the movie is English. Moving to Sweden, she took lessons to perfection her knowledge of the language and today speaks Swedish and Norwegian fluently. Her English, however, leaves quite a lot to be desired, as she demonstrates quite clearly in this movie, and she has also stated in interviews that the language was the hardest part for her.

Including I Am Dina, three movies with Bonnevie in a leading role are opening during 2002. She was also a 'Shooting Star' at the 2002 Berlin Film Festival.

Filmography from imdb.com:
I Am Dina (2002) - Dina
Hr. Boe & Co.'s Anxiety (2001) - Xenia
Øyenstikker (2001) (aka Dragonfly)
Syndare i sommarsol (2001)
Tsatsiki, morsan och polisen (1999) - Elin
The 13th Warrior (1999) - Olga
Insomnia (1997) - Ane
Jerusalem (1996) - Gertrud
Telegrafisten (1993) (aka The Telegraphist) - Pernille
Den hvite viking (1991) (aka The White Viking) - Embla
Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon (1991) (aka The Polar Bear King) - Princess