user since
Sat Feb 24 2007 at 19:13:56 (17.2 years ago )
last seen
Sat Jun 14 2008 at 19:06:17 (15.9 years ago )
number of write-ups
2 - View Dr. Z's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 36
mission drive within everything
Get to the bottom of it.
specialties
Science, spirituality
school/company
Self-employed
motto
You may not get what you deserve, but you definitely get what's coming to you.
most recent writeup
DMV Nightmares
Send private message to Dr. Z

Tom Zebovitz is a scientist on a mission. He earned a PhD in chemistry at the University of Vermont and has worked in the areas of flavors and fragrances, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, publishing, teaching, yada, yada, yada.

If Tom were to take a shot at pidgeon-holing himself, he would call himself a teacher and a problem-solver. As a consummate scientist, Tom has lived his life making scientific observations, analyzing the world around him. He has come to the conclusion that, at least in the field of science, the public is at least woefully ignorant, at worst, misinformed.

It's not easy for a guy to address this singlehandedly. But, through blogging sites and writers' sites like E2, there are ways of "getting" out there. Right now, Tom's passions are global warming, the hydrogen economy, and, believe it or not, spirituality. How does a scientist react when his/her experiences defy scientific explanation? He writes about this also.