In the past I've taken the blame for abortions like Dennis Hopper's Catchfire, The Birds II and so many other goddamned awful films I can't even remember. Recently, hack screenwriter Joe Esterhas came up with a screenplay about me, but the resulting movie sucked so much that I had to step in and take responsibility for it.
- user since
- Mon May 31 1999 at 07:53:46 (23 years ago )
- last seen
- Mon Dec 4 2000 at 00:03:28 (21.5 years ago )
- number of write-ups
- 4 - View Alan Smithee's writeups (feed)
- level / experience
- 0 (Initiate) / -58
- mission drive within everything
- facilitate the dissemination of personally embarrassing information
- big-budget blockbusters
- Hollywood, CA
- If you think it looks good now, just wait until you see it on the cutting room floor!
- most recent writeup
- air conditioning
- Send private message to Alan Smithee
Hi there, I'm Alan Smithee, a pseudonym used by movie directors when they wish to disassociate themselves from their creations. Maybe they don't like the way the studio has forced them to cut their darling, change the ending, and dumb it down or maybe the movie just turned out crap. They disown it, but the movie still needs a name in that director slot, so I get called out of retirement and there y'have it.