Tequila marinated chicken -- Recipe
1 1/2 lb chicken, breast or thigh, boneless, skinless
2/3 cup tequila, not the really cheap frat party stuff.
2 cloves garlic (to taste)
2 limes or lemons
2/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt (to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
rosemary (optional) (to taste)
1 gallon Ziploc bags
Preparation steps can be done in any order.
- Chop or dice the onion.
- Juice limes/lemons. Save 2 tsp. for garnish after cooking.
- Crush garlic.
- Cut chicken into evenly sized pieces (2 inch pieces work well).
- Preheat broiler or light barbecue.
- Mix lime juice, onion, olive oil, tequila, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary into small bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until warm to touch.
- Add chicken to marinade. Toss gently. (You can use the Ziploc bag to toss it.)
- Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. You can let it sit overnight in the refrigerator for a more flavorful meal.
- Broil or grill. Chicken should be far from heat source. Cook until done. (Juices will run clear when the chicken is done; pink juices == you will die if you eat this).
- Sprinkle 1 tsp lime juice over chicken.
- Serve over rice or with other starchy food.
- Nicely accompanied by grilled vegetables.