There’s no regulation in New York City about how late a Food Truck can remain open at night -- only where it can go, and how long it can stay. The question is, WHY would a food truck want to sell its wares at 3 AM in Brooklyn? And why would it be doing so on Hoyt Street, which the food trucks aren’t allowed onto? And why would it operate with all its lights off? That’s bound to cause them a few grease burns in the kitchen. I know they were cooking something, I could smell the oil from a hundred yards away. I know someone was purchasing. They were there at the window handing over their money.

In the orange Sodium glow of the street light, the words on the truck were clear -- "GOMMA NASH NAHOGENA, CHUD GOOM."

Chud, huh? Last time they came up from the sewers, everyone panicked. Maybe they were working towards better community relations this time.

Except, of course, that the truck faded as I moved towards it. Which was a shame. I don't get the chance to have Chud food very often.

Maybe I should go down to the sewers and ask for one of their food trucks. It would make my nightly rambles safer from the police, and from...whatever I meet in the shadows.


Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.