A delicous and unique dessert perfect for Sunday Brunch or other small gatherings.

Strawberry Cheese Chantilly


Serves 8-10
Ingredients


Gently toss the strawberries with about ¼ cup of sugar and lemon juice. Let them sit for about fifteen minutes so the strawberry juices are exuded.

Beat the egg whites in a stainless steel or copper bowl until their a bit stiff, but not dry. Gradually add the ½ cup of sugar until nice, stiff, shiny peaks are formed.

In another bowl of whatever material you like, blend the yogurt, cheese, egg yolks, lemond rind, and salt. Fold in the whipped cream, and then the beaten egg whites.

Assemble the chantilly in either a large crystal bowl or several clear goblets for the best effect. Fill the bottom of your chosen container with the chantilly mixture, then add a layer of exuded strawberries, and then top it off with another layer of chantilly. If you feel fancy, you can create swirls instead of layers, but you should begin and end with a layer of chantilly. Decorate the surface with pecans, grated chocolate, strawberries, or anything else that suits your style.

The completed dessert may be refrigerated, at most, for two hours before serving, anything longer and the taste and composition begin to suffer.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.