This node details all of the different jobs you can have in the game Princess Maker 2 (so go read that node first, don't worry, this node will still be here).

The different jobs in Princess Maker 2 serve to alter your ability scores, as well as affect the final outcome of the game. You select a job for a period of 10 days at a time. Each day you will accumulate stress and have your ability scores slightly altered. At the end of the ten days you will receive your pay (minus any days that you messed up). Doing a perfect job for all ten days will bring you a 50 percent bonus.

You will eventually receive a pay raise if you work the same job often enough. Working the same job too much will often lead to your daughter choosing that job as a career (see Princess Maker 2 Endings).

Jobs
  1. Housework
    Stay at home with Cube the butler and help with the chores. This doesn't pay anything. But it gives good boosts to Temperament, Cooking, and Cleaning scores (it is the only way to raise Temperament). Have your child do this when she is very young, but stop once she turns 12 (because Housework also takes away Sensitivity). This is one of the lowest stress jobs (only 1 stress point per day). Finally, doing housework almost continually for the first year will give you a good shot at winning the cooking competition at the Harvest Festival

  2. Babysitting
    The first job that pays any money (4 Gold per day). Taking care of younger children at the day care center (located in the church). This is also a great job for younger children (but it takes away the Charisma that older girls need). This job adds to Sensitivity, and is the only way to increase the hidden "Maternal Instinct" score (which shows up in the closing credits). This adds 3 stress points per day.

  3. Inn
    Help Innkeeper Deginzi out with odd tasks around the Inn. This job pays 8 gold per day. This will increase your cleaning score (while taking away your valuable "Combat Skill"). Never work any warrior type girls at this job. It simply isn't worth it. This adds 3 stress points per day.

  4. Farm
    Help Farmer Bongor harvest his fields. This is the job of choice for a warrior type girl. Make 10 Gold per day, While building up both your Constitution and Strength scores to insane numbers (farming however does quickly reduce the Refinement score that is important to "pretty" girls). This adds 3 stress points per day.

  5. Church
    Help out Sister Lee at the local church. This is the place to work whenever your are unsure of what to schedule. It only pays 1 gold per day. But it has 3 positive effects (adds to Faith and Morals, while lowering sin). Work here too much however and you may end up as a Nun yourself. This adds 1 stress points per day.

  6. Restaurant
    Work with Balbon the Chef in his Diner (since when do diners have Chefs?). This job pays 8 Gold per day, adds to cooking, while taking away Combat Skill. Great job for getting your cooking score up high enough to win the cooking competition. Avoid it like the plague otherwise. This adds 2 stress points per day.

  7. Lumberjack
    Cut down trees with burly men in the local forest. This job pays 12 Gold per day, adds to Strength, while taking away Refinement. This is a good high paying job for any warrior type girl. It may take a while before your daughter can do this job correctly. This adds 4 stress points per day, and you must be at least 11 years old to do this job.

  8. Salon
    Start a career in Anime Hairstyling!. This job pays 20 Gold per day, adds to Sensitivity, while taking away Strength. This is a good high paying job for any "pretty" type girl (also great for girls who are magicians). It may take a while before your daughter can do this job correctly (a high Art score helps here). This adds 3 stress points per day, and you must be at least 11 years old to do this job.

  9. Mason
    Help Toscal the Mason in putting up walls. This job pays 18 Gold per day, adds to Constitution, while taking away Charisma. This is a good high paying job for any warrior type girl. It may take a while before your daughter can do this job correctly (a high Art score helps here). This adds 3 stress points per day, and you must be at least 12 years old to do this job.

  10. Hunter
    Carry around dead mammals for Ko the local hunter. This job pays 8 Gold per day, adds to Constitution, Sin, and Combat Skill, while taking away Refinement. Consider this job as a paying alternative to taking Fighting classes. This adds 3 stress points per day, and you must be at least 12 years old to do this job.

  11. Graveyard
    Guard the Graveyard during the night for Grave keeper Baran. This job pays 8 Gold per day, adds to Magical Defense and Sensitivity, while taking away Charisma. This is good job for girls who use magic. This job adds 5 stress points per day, and you must be at least 13 years old to do this job. (A major subplot of the game can only be encountered while working this job, read about it in Princess Maker 2 Secrets).

  12. Tutor
    Help the son of the local Countess with his studies. This job pays 20 Gold per day, adds to morals, while taking away Charisma. The only reason to take this high stress job is that some of the endings require it (see Princess Maker 2 Endings). This adds 7 stress points per day, and you must be at least 14 years old to do this job.

  13. Bar
    Serve drinks in Dimitri's tavern. This job pays 12 Gold per day, adds to cooking and is the only way to increase the conversation score (however working here decreases you daughters intelligence score). The only reason to take this job is to increase conversation or to get some of the alterate endings (see Princess Maker 2 Endings). This adds 5 stress points per day, and you must be at least 14 years old to do this job.

  14. Sleazy Bar
    You are just a bad naughty man if you send your daughter to work at the local nudie bar. This is the highest paying job (at 45 gold per day). But this is the path to the Dark side. This job adds to Charisma and Sin, while taking away Morals, Faith, and Temperament. Working here will often lead to some of the seamier endings. This adds an amazing 12 stress points per day, and you must be at least 15 years old to do this job.

  15. Cabaret
    Working at Baron Tellmark's Cabaret is nearly as bad as the sleazy bar. This job is a path to some of the more advanced evil endings. This job adds to Charisma and Sin, while taking away Intelligence, Refinement, and Temperament. This adds an 8 stress points per day, and you must be at least 16 years old to do this job.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.