Maruchan Chili Flavor Ramen is a particular flavor of Maruchan Ramen noodle soup. For additional information on Maruchan Chili Flavor Ramen, see the Maruchan Ramen node. Maruchan Chili Flavor Ramen comes in a distinctive green colored package.

Besides the noodle ingredients, Maruchan Chicken Flavor Ramen contains salt, maltodextrin, monosodium glutamate, chili, other spices, dehydrated tomato, onions, garlic, sugar, soybeans, autolyzed yeast extract, paprika, hyrdolyzed corn soy and wheat protein, natural flavors, beef extract, silicon dioxide, caramel color, disodium inosinate, and disodium guanylate.

As Maruchan Ramen flavors go, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best flavor, Chili Flavor would rate a 9/10.

Nutrition Facts

Maruchan Chili Flavor Ramen has the following nutritional content (this content is adjusted from what is listed on the package; the following is relevant for a whole package; percentages are based on the USDA's Recommended Daily Allowances guidelines):

Total Fat           16 g   24%
 Saturated Fat       7 g   36%
Cholesterol          0 mg   0%
Sodium            1420 mg  60%
Total Carbohydrate  52 g   18%
 Dietary Fiber       2 g    8%
 Sugar          app. 1 g   
Protein              5 g   

This product also contains 16% of the RDA of iron.

Recipes

Beans & Chili Noodles

Cook 8 oz. of chili beans beforehand, then drain them. Cook the ramen as normal, adding a dash of oregano and a dash of cumin along the way. Mix the two at the end. Very good meal, yet still cheap. Feel free to add some beef as well if you like meat with your chili. Much better than you might think.

Hard-Boiled Ramen

Hard boil two eggs before preparing this dish. Prepare the ramen as normal, but at the end drain off half of the water. Add the seasoning, some oregano and perhaps a pinch of pepper and a pinch of marjoram. Eat with eggs on the side. Chili flavor goes well with eggs of all preparation; hard-boiled eggs make it easy to strip away the yolk if you don't want that portion. Quite yummy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.