At the current rate of 2400 deaths per day in the US and 905,000 deaths so far, it will be 40 more days until we hit 1,000,000 dead from Covid-19. Around March 20th or a little later if it trails off.

We have 332,487,850 people, so what is a million people more or less?

Currently 76,852,768 people in the US have had Covid-19. Without correcting for the lag between getting sick and dying, that puts the current death rate at 1.178%. Higher in unimmunized and lower in immunized. A lot lower, actually.

That puts us at 23% of the population having had Covid-19.

Long Haul may affect somewhere between 20-50% of the people. We don't know how long. Some people are two years out.

I am doing laundry at 1:31 am because I can't sleep. Sol Duc is purring and trying to comfort me. "You are home, this is not so bad, welcome home, don't worry."

The latest AAFP newspaper says that 1:5 doctors and 2:5 nurses plan to quit/change practices within the next year. The shake up is not over by any means.

B says people don't want to work and don't want entry level jobs. They want high pay immediately.

I think people are scared and grieving and don't have daycare and have learned how to get by on less. Why go back, especially with people yelling at the customer service jobs. My favorite grocery person in town says that they have people just start yelling in the lines if they get too long.

Time to learn to darn socks and practice my very aged makeup. I want to be invisible when the roaring starts. Good luck to you and yours.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.