Error codes issued by an FTP server
3xx Series Codes: The command has been accepted, but the requested action is being held in abeyance, pending receipt of further information.
- 1xx Series Codes: The requested action is being initiated, expect another reply before proceeding with a new command.
- 2xx Series Codes: The requested action has been successfully completed.
4xx Series Codes: The command was not accepted and the requested action did not take place, but the error condition is temporary and the action may be requested again.
- 331 - Username okay, need password.
- 332 - Need account for login.
- 350 - Requested file action pending further information.
5xx Series Codes: The command was not accepted and the requested action did not take place.
- 421 - Service not available, closing control connection. This may be a reply to any command if the service knows it must shut down.
- 425 - Can't open data connection.
- 426 - Connection closed; transfer aborted.
- 450 - Requested file action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file busy).
- 451 - Requested action aborted: local error in processing.
- 452 - Requested action not taken. Insufficient storage space in system.
- 500 - Syntax error, command unrecognized. This may include errors such as command line too long.
- 501 - Syntax error in parameters or arguments.
- 502 - Command not implemented.
- 503 - Bad sequence of commands.
- 504 - Command not implemented for that parameter.
- 530 - Not logged in.
- 532 - Need account for storing files.
- 550 - Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access).
- 552 - Requested file action aborted. Exceeded storage allocation (for current directory or dataset).
- 553 - Requested action not taken. File name not allowed.