Rain scratches a surprise on the window
a gap to peer through, an old archers loop.
A pigeon coop, holding onto nothing
but freed birds, collects dust that turns pebbles
into gems and gems into lullabies.

The landscape, carved from marble, was cheapened
by deadwood making hermit homes that breed
disease. So cut my flesh straight from my bones
until the white shines an ivory clear
as day, shining like the armour meant hope.

Sun strokes our skin at near midday. Terrors
no longer trouble our sleep, as daybreak
puts on a brave face and some cheap perfume
attracting what attention she expects
and leaving her smile on the pavement.

The horizon promises rain as night
Draws question marks on our bruised skin and laughs
Like an animal when the day falls flat
And buries its dead where they once called home
Thinking that daylight outstayed its welcome

The dusk leaves. War paint tattooed to our skin
like off key scales, while chewed tobacco
turns to glue. Still, the henna never dries
the way the street seller tells us. It should
reveal nothing but peeling wallpaper.

"Cut Me Some Slack" is a song written and performed by Paul McCartney, Krist Novelselic, Dave Grohl and Pat Smear. It was performed for the 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy relief concert. This song was written and performed for what was in an effect an impromptu Nirvana reunion, with a member of The Beatles filling in for Kurt Cobain.

Yeah, the whole thing is pretty awesome.

I have only seen the video so far on grainy bootleg video. With all the limitations of the quick production and the bad medium I viewed it in, this song ROCKS, and it has been a while since I could say something ROCKS, in all caps, without irony.

The song sounds exactly like what a Nirvana and Beatles song should sound like, even though it doesn't sound anything like what those bands stereotypically sounded like. It is a bluesy jam about...playing in a travelling band. Imagine One After 909 played as a grunge song. Crossed with Travelling Riverside Blues. The song resembles styles of rock from rockabilly to noise rock, and it does it very well.

Of course, it is just one song, performed one time, and I don't think it will reignite the youth and become the voice of a generation. It has been a while since I unironically rocked out though, and it is nice to know that the spirit is still there, that raw noise and feeling can be captured, and that the fate of the music of today is not just more dubstep remixes of The Golden Girls theme.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.